New Year New Comittment, When did you choose?  

Monday, January 12, 2015

I tried to revive this a few times but didn't seem to stick with it for one reason or another. It's a new year and I am going to try again. One of the things that stalled me in the past was sticking strictly to adoption topics. Frankly I ran out of things to say from a surrendering mothers point of view. My daughter got swamped raising kids, and we both got kind of burned out on talking about our relationship. So I'm not doing that this year. I have other interests and I'm not going to be afraid to share them. It's my blog I can do what I want.

So what are some of my interests. Well writing. I want to find my voice and not just in an adoption kind of way. I want to try to set free all the things I have squashed. I used to be creative. I used to share stories. Lets face it, I used to do a lot of things. At this juncture in my life it's time to try something new. Besides, I don't have the distractions to stop me any more. I can write all day if I want to.

What shall my fist post be?

Can I talk to you about erectile dysfunction?  No? Okay good, I wasn't really interested in going there anyway. How about something that is DNA related, but from another angle, and most likely a stiffy killer all in itself? Choosing Sexuality.

For some, a long standing theory has been that being homosexual is a choice. And my first thought every time I see a written piece on this or a talk show with some supposed expertly opinionated moron spewing damnation is WHO DOES THAT? Really, who in their right mind would consciously choose to be attracted to the same sex. I'm not leaving women out of this, it goes both ways. We'll get to that in a minute.

Let's just stick with the male gender for now, which seems to be the only gender anyone is concerned with. Why would any man choose to be ridiculed, beaten, raped or murdered just to be different? Why would anyone think that a man would do that just to be unique? It would be so much easier to just be like everyone else. To be attracted to what is acceptable to everyone else. Lets face it, most of them have tried, gone to great lengths, but to no avail. You can't wish it away any more than you can wrap an adoptee in a blanket and pretend your giving birth to them and have them believe it. It just doesn't work that way no matter how much yelling and threatening damnation you do. It doesn't change the leopards spots, and why should it. You may be entitled to your opinion but you are not entitled to the choices of someone else.

So when a man "chooses" homosexuality it's disgusting and wrong, but when women choose it, its HOT. It's socially acceptable for women to have relations with another females because most men (and a lot of women) want to see it. They want to watch, and that makes it okay.That's called a double standard and doesn't mean you are automatically accepted in the room when lesbian sex is happening. In other words its not done for your entertainment.  Which brings me to the real reason I chose to write about this.

 If homosexuality is a choice, then it is fair to say heterosexuality is also, and that's my topic. When did you choose? When did you choose heterosexuality as your preferred choice of sexual relations. When did you decide you were attracted to the opposite sex? Oh I can hear it now from the straight males and older women who think that's just absurd. I envision my own mother trying to answer this question or some of my uncles. Older folks who didn't have to grow up thinking about such nonsense. Who will mumble about when men were men and women were objects basically. They won't call them that out loud, but they will trip over their words a little bit in trying to express their opinion of what a woman is to them.

So when was it? Did you give choosing your sexuality in-depth thought as an infant? How about toddler? Kindergarten? Third grade? Middle school? High school? College? At all? Ever? At what point do you suggest a gay person chose? That's all.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster